Translate

24 July 2012

Cher Sings Bob Dylan, 1965-1969 (Dylan Sampler #1)

The Bacharach Samplers 1 & 2 (particularly the "Dionne Warwick Sings Bacharach" album) were relatively popular, so I wanted to begin a similar series of samplers featuring covers of Bob Dylan songs.
This first installment features Cher's Dylan covers, released between 1965 and 1969. Each of her first six studio albums contained at least one Dylan song, and all ten of them are included here.
There are some really stunning renditions here. "All I Really Want To Do" was Cher's first solo single, and it hit #15 in the US and #9 in the UK. "Blowin' In The Wind," "Lay Baby Lay," and "The Times They Are A-Changing" are the highlights of this compilation, in my opinion.
All songs are from my personal CD collection, with the exception of "Masters of War," which is from a somewhat crackly vinyl LP posted on the internet. The few pops in the track do not greatly disrupt the listening experience.
Enjoy!


1) All I Really Want To Do (1965)
2) Don't Think Twice, Its Alright (1965)
3) Like A Rolling Stone (1966)
4) I Want You (1966)
5) Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You (1969)
6) I Threw It All Away (1969)
7) The Times They Are A-Changin' (1967)
8) Masters Of War (1968)
9) Lay Baby Lay (1969)
10) Blowin' In The Wind (1965)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment