Translate

28 May 2012

Bee Gees Gold (1976)

Bee Gees Gold: I grew up on this album. The Bee Gees were my mom's favorite group, and this album was in regular rotation during my youth. To the best of my knowledge, this album has never been released on CD, which is a shame, as it is a great compilation of their pre-disco hits. In addition to the 12 songs originally on this compilation, I have added as bonus tracks five songs from the 1969 compilation Best of Bee Gees.
Bee Gees Gold was labelled as "Volume 1" but no further volumes were released.


I have assembled this album from CD albums, primarily Their Greatest Hits: The Record. The songs from that album are in 320kbps mp3, while the four other songs are in 263-264kbps Variable Bit-Rate mp3.
I previously posted this album in lower bit-rate and with mono versions of many of the songs. Now all songs are in stereo.

1. How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?
2. Holiday
3. To Love Somebody
4. Massachusetts
5. Words
6. Lonely Days
7. Run To Me
8. I've Gotta Get A Message To You
9. My World (263kbps, VBR)
10. I Can't See Nobody (263kbps, VBR)
11. I Started A Joke
12. New York Mining Disaster 1941

BONUS TRACKS (From "Best of Bee Gees")
13. Spicks & Specks
14. Tomorrow, Tomorrow (264kbps, VBR)
15. First Of May
16. World
17. Every Christian Lionhearted Man Will Tell You (263kbps, VBR)

NEW LINK (June 5, 2013, ZIP, 115 MB)

7 comments:

  1. hi can you be so kind and re upload the bee gees gold 1976 plase and the other one from saturday night fever 1977 please write me back if its possible marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link has been updated.
      I'll be re-uploading the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack tomorrow or Friday. Stay tuned :)

      Delete
    2. hi steven i wan na thank you for uploading the 2 lps from rthe bee gees gold vol 1 and the saturday night fever lp i wanna ask if you can also uopload rthe photos of the lp itself if its no problem it was misingh greding marco

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi steven could you please also send me the photos of the vinyl and cover from this lp let me know marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marco, sorry to reply so late.
      As I stated above in the description, I assembled the album from CDs, and do not own the original LP any longer. However, discogs has photos of the LPs here:
      https://www.discogs.com/Bee-Gees-Gold-Volume-One/release/8049422
      and
      https://www.discogs.com/Bee-Gees-Gold-Volume-One/release/562538

      Delete
  4. hi can u please re upload rthe abba greatest hits 1976 let me know marco

    ReplyDelete