Translate

30 November 2012

Ladies of the 80s Sampler

Hello all,
Because most of my recent posts have been re-uploads or updates of samplers previously posted, I'd like to post a new Sampler for today (one that I've been promising for a while now).
---
Without further ado, here is my "Ladies of the 80s" Sampler, a collection of 80s pop and rock songs by female artists. I previously posted a companion single, Jennifer Rush's 1984 hit "Power of Love," which you can get here.
---
Because I was not born until 1990, I evidently didn't live through the 80s (and the 80s are not exactly my favourite music decade), so I am hoping my choices are reasonable. In some cases, the songs chosen are not the most obvious ones.
For example, I included Cyndi Lauper's "She Bop" rather than "Girls Just Want To Have Fun." I also included Joan Jett's "Crimson & Clover" because her mega-hit "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" was previously featured in the Flashdance Expanded Soundtrack.
In the case of artists who had a shit-ton of hit singles (notably Madonna and Whitney Houston), I really wasn't sure what to choose but ultimately went with rather obvious picks.
---
With the exception of the Joan Jett track, all songs come from my CD collection.
---
---
01. What About Love? (Heart, 1985)
02. I Found Someone (Cher, 1987)
03. Self Control (Laura Branigan, 1984)
04. We Belong (Pat Benatar, 1984)
05. She Bop (Cyndi Lauper, 1984)
06. Manic Monday (The Bangles, 1985)
07. Heaven Is A Place On Earth (Belinda Carlisle, 1987)
08. She Works Hard For The Money (Donna Summer, 1983, Album Version)
09. Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Bonnie Tyler, 1983, Album Version)
10. Vogue (Madonna, 1990)
11. The Pleasure Principle (Janet Jackson, 1987)
12. Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Carnes, 1981)
13. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Eurythmics, 1983)
14. Modern Girl (Sheena Easton, 1980)
15. Crimson And Clover (Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, 1981)
16. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) (Whitney Houston, 1987)
17. What's Love Got To Do With It? (Tina Turner, 1984, Extended Version)
18. Conga (Gloria Estefan & The Miami Sound Machine, 1985, 12" Version)
---
Get it here in ZIP format.
---
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I would change out Sheena’s Modern Girl for her Strut or The Lover in Me.

    ReplyDelete